Don’t let its appeal fool you.
If you’re the type of player who enjoys dealing damage to your team and controlling crowds in clutch moments, you’ll love the new tank battle hero Fredrinn in Mobile Legends: Bang Bang.
Equipped with a massive spear, the Rogue Appraiser is a formidable EXP laner that thrives in extended teamfights. His unique skills make him one of the most wanted heroes in ranked games. In fact, he is currently the fifth most banned hero, according to MLBB stats.
To master Fredrinn, you will need quick fingers and a lot of patience. He has four skills in total, and stringing his skills together takes practice. We’re here to walk you through this beginner’s guide.
Fredrinn’s skills in Mobile Legends: Bang Bang
Passive – Crystal Armor
Fredrinn stores 6% of damage he receives as crystal energy. Crystal energy decays after 8 seconds at a rate of 5% Max HP per second. Fredrinn can convert stored Crystal Energy into HP for 30% of his damage dealt (15% for damage dealt to minions).
- The Crystal Energy is not an additional shield. Instead, think of it as an indicator of how much HP you can gain from your base attack and skills.
- Enemies can see how much crystal energy you have. That’s why it’s important to use the Appraiser’s Wrath whenever he has a massive amount of Crystal Energy in his HP bar.
- You can also gain HP by attacking minions and creeps, though the HP boost is much larger when dealing damage to enemy heroes.
- Since Fredrinn doesn’t use mana to cast skills, spam all of your laning skills if crystal energy appears in your health bar. You won’t be able to recover lost health once the energy decays, unless you have a lifesteal or vamp spell item.
Skill 1 – Piercing Strike
Fredrinn thrusts his sword in the targeted direction, inflicting 150 Physical damage to enemies hit and slowing them by 30% for 2 seconds. His next basic attack gains additional attack range and deals 100 physical damage.
- This is Fredrinn’s bread and butter skill. Max this first.
- Piercing Strike is also a great harassing skill in the laning phase. Hit minions last with this skill and use the next upgraded basic attack on the enemy hero. The extra attack range means you don’t necessarily have to get dangerously close to harass the enemy laner.
- Hitting this skill on enemy heroes grants an action point.
Skill 2 – Brave Assault
Fredrinn dashes in the target direction, dealing 200 physical damage to the first non-minion enemy hit. His next Basic Attack knocks the target up in the air for 0.3 seconds.
- Brave Assault can also be used to jump over thin walls in the battlefield.
- Fredrinn stops whenever he encounters an enemy hero. If you are trying to escape, make sure no enemy heroes are in your way.
- This skill’s knock-up effect also works on enemy minions and creeps.
- Make sure to use Brave Assault before Energy Eruption. The knock-up effect works best before taunting nearby enemies with Energy Eruption.
- Hitting this skill on enemy heroes grants an action point.
Skill 3 – Energy Burst
Fredrinn deals 300 physical damage to nearby enemies and taunts them for 1 second. Hitting a non-minion enemy grants Fredrinn 30 Physical and Spell Defense for 3 seconds and reduces the cooldowns of Piercing Strike and Courageous Assault by 75%.
- You can only get Energy Eruption at level four. Learning the assessor’s anger automatically gives energy eruption a point.
- As this skill costs an action point, it cannot be used first in a team fight. You must first use Piercing Strike or Brave Assault before this becomes available.
- It is important to setup the skill with Brave Assault first, as Energy Eruption has a small range.
- This skill also taunts minions and creeps.
- Flicker in the backline before using Energy Eruption to surprise unsuspecting enemies in teamfights. This skill works great against squishy heroes, as Fredrinn’s full combo deals a massive amount of damage.
Ultimate – Appraiser’s Wrath
Fredrinn slams his sword in the targeted direction, dealing 600 plus 40% of his Crystal Energy as Physical damage to enemies in a cone after a short delay. Enemies in the center of the area take 175% damage.
- The more crystal energy he has, the greater the damage of the evaluator’s anger.
- Enemies caught in the middle take more damage, make sure to aim precisely to maximize your damage in teamfights.
- Do not use this skill if he is at full health, as it will only deal 600 base damage. It’s best to surprise enemies and use the ultimate when his health is below 50%.
- This skill can also be used to secure objectives such as enemy jungle, turtle, and overlord buffs. It’s similar to Balmond’s ultimate, which deals more damage the lower your HP.
- Casting the ultimate costs three action points.
A complete guide on how to play Fredrinn in Mobile Legends
Recommended Combat Spell
Flicker is the recommended combat spell for Fredrinn, as it gives him the necessary mobility he needs in teamfights.
You can use Flicker to knock multiple enemies back with Energy Eruption, or safely escape a losing battle using Brave Assault and Flicker to increase the distance between you and the enemy.
Revenge is also a safe option if you’re the only tank on the team. The 35% damage reduction is useful, especially against sniper and assassin heroes.
Recommended Emblem Set
As a tank fighter, Fredrinn needs all the defensive stats he can get in a match. Since Fredrinn is crowd controlling on most of his skills, Brave Smite is the way to go as he provides 5% HP each time he lands on Stun or Slow.
You can never go wrong with Concussive Blast. Its area of effect damage is also useful if you go for a more aggressive playstyle.
Best build for Fredrinn in Mobile Legends
Fredrinn is already a tanky hero, so it’s recommended to build him a handful of physical attack damage and spell items to make up for his lack of early to mid-game damage.
Prioritize Bloodlust Ax as he scales well with all of his skills. You’ll also need it to help regenerate his HP faster when he has Crystal Energy in his HP bar.
You can then choose between the Cursed Helm or the Blade of Despair, depending on how well you did during the laning phase. Choose offensive items if you are in front and defensive items if you are behind. The Guardian Helmet and Oracle are also great defensive items for those who like to initiate teamfights.
Thunder Belt, Queen’s Wings, and Twilight Armor are also good options, as they offer a good mix of offensive and defensive stats.
Building him with only offensive items isn’t optimal, as he dies easily in teamfights. Building it defensively means you won’t do much in teamfights and 1v1 situations. The key here is to always go for hybrid elements instead of focusing on a single attribute.
Fredrinn samples the best version of Mobile Legends: Bang Bang
- bloodthirsty ax
- warrior boots
- Cursed Helmet
- thunder belt
- Guardian Helmet
The best combos for Fredrinn
Once you hit level four, close the gap with Brave Assault, basic attack to trigger knock-up, Energy Eruption, Piercing Strike, another basic attack to trigger first skill’s improved damage, Brave Assault again to stun the target, then Piercing Strike.
At that point, you will have three action points. Only activate Appraiser’s Wrath immediately if you are below 50% health or the enemy is about to die. Using it with full health won’t deal as much damage as when you have less than half health.
If the conditions required to use the ultimate aren’t ideal yet, just rinse and repeat the Brave Assault, Energy Eruption, and Piercing Strike combo.
Always make sure to land Energy Eruption to reduce the cooldown of your other skills. Not landing Energy Eruption on an enemy hero will permanently stop your groove.
Content creator Hororo Chan also made a video on how to effectively stun an enemy using Fredrinn. After using Brave Assault, do not use the basic attack. Instead, use Energy Eruption. When Energy Surge’s duration is over, land your basic attack to trigger the Valorous Assault stun.
Follow ONE Esports on Facebook for more Mobile Legends: Bang Bang news, updates and guides.
READ MORE: Gusion and Lesley’s lovely Project NEXT update gets our hearts racing